Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

I'm not very good at chain-letters or chain-emails. I never respond to them or follow what they say I should do - regardless of how bad the consequences have been 'spelt out' in the communication.

I have been watching this Passion Quilt Meme thing with little interest, feeling like a chain-blog version of a chain-letter/chain-email, and thinking 'well at least no-one is going to 'tag' me'.

So I was very surprised (and a little 'honoured') that Liz B. Davis tagged me in her Joyful Learning Connections Meme: Passion Quilt blog posting today.

And now since it's been digitally recorded that I've been tagged, I'm feeling like I have a social networking responsibility to keep the chain-meme going.

What am I passionate in 'teaching' my students?

Well, lots of things, but those who know me (esp on Twitter) know that I like 'QUESTIONS'.



Questions about what we need to know more about. Questions about what we don't know anything about. Questions about what we've been told. Questions, Questions, Questions.

But why? How come? What's this? Where's that? Is there more? Who said so?

Questions = Thinking

Questions = Learning

Questions = Self Reflection

Questions = More Questions


To the Susan, Tiara, Harriet, n2teaching & Pamela - I hereby 'tag-chain-meme' you, and look forward to hearing what your thoughts are about this process (apologies if you're already been Meme-Tagged).

Meme: Passion Quilt rules:
  1. Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students.
  2. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about…and give your picture a short title.
  3. Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.
  4. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.
Well, since I normally blog on work related issues, especially in the area of e-learning/use of technology, I suppose this has been a rather 'light hearted' experience for me - thx Liz.

1 comment:

Bill Gaskins said...

I was tagged a few weeks ago and passed it along. I have found it very interesting to create my own and then read other people. It is another way of getting to know the bloggers.

http://www.blogginonthebay.org